The "Centre d'Aide aux Entreprises du Val-St-François (CAE) is a non-profit making Corporation created in 1985, following the decision of the regional financial circle to promote and develop the economy of the region. Originally, it was supported by the Canadian Government. Its mission consists to cooperate in the regional economical development by means of financial help and technical support of enterprises "TO CREATE AND MAINTAIN JOBS".
The CLD’s mission is to stimulate economic development through active participation in the region, and to encourage the creation and expansion of businesses. It supports elected officials, entrepreneurs and regional organizations in the creation of a creative, wealthy and diverse business community.
The municipality is part of the MRC du Val-Saint-François in the Eastern Townships. The story begins in 1896 Kingsbury as the Municipality of the Village of Kingsbury. The municipality is characterized today by its marshes along the Salmon River where extensive fawn and lush flora can be admired. Until the early 20th century, Kingsbury was a hotbed of mining industry and processing of slate. Many homes still feature roofs of made from these materials.